Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Cyclopedia Resurrected?

I am taking this news with a pillar of salt. It has come to my attention that the Rules Cyclopedia, the book that was my bible for a good part of my D&D playing is available as a Print on Demand. About a year ago I repurchased that same book, so I wonder if I should buy it again.

Being the father of a two year old, happy and healthy warp core son, I wonder if a working copy will help initiate him in my strongest hobby. There is no doubt that I would want to do it with this edition of D&D (a forthcoming rant on the subject of textbook-rulebooks is in the works).

I have no doubt that the entire old-school world is either extatic over this announcement or waiting to see the quality of the re-issue. Like pre-ording a game or early access be wary of this greatly. I have no doubt that Tenkar's Tavern will be roaring with this news in tonight's chat

One thing I felt good about is the price. At about thirty dollars it didn't seem that different from its original price of 24.95.

Seems like old times, but I will wait for the reviews, muchas gracias.

No comments:

Post a Comment