Thursday, January 12, 2023

Writing with Dice Again

         I cannot believe it has been almost five years since I wrote in this blog. But then again I wonder how many times that happens with any given blog. Some just write for income, I write for it all to be know. 

Now for an update of things, and things to come. 

I finally got tired of the play by post scene. Where once I turned to it because people here in New Orleans role-play on the streets, be it parade, funerals, festivals or just rolling out of a bar at sunrise; it no longer satisfies as it once did. 

I write and no one responds. Or perhaps my thoughts are simply to scattered, too mundane, too weird to be captured by the likes of mortal men. 

For this reason, and others that I will explore at another time in this Dungeon Book, I am going to be writing/playing solo. In other terms it would be called writing with dice. I plan on posting it here, the adventures of I don't know who, adventuring I don't know where. 

A complete unknown, doesn't it sound wonderful?

Thus far I have gotten into the ironsworn/ powered by the apocalypse trip, but the freedom and expression that Motif and its incredible 5B's (more to come in my next review) is more like writing with dice. 

Its where I plan to go and let us begin with some sort of muse. 

Or is this a complete waste of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment